The summer road race series renewed and revitalised itself in 2016 in memory of a TVH legend and is now known as the Ron Hopcroft Endurance Cup.
10 races have been selected over a range of distances to make up the competition (the best six results count). The races are meant to be evenly-spaced through the summer, fairly easy to access from west London and not too expensive
1. Best Spring (Feb-April) Half-Marathon Time (including official marathon splits)
2. Southern 12/6 Stage Road Relays – Gravesend – Saturday 25th March
3.* National 12/6 Stage Road Relays* – Sutton Park – Saturday 8th April
4. Vitality London 10,000 – Green Park – Bank Holiday Monday 29th May
5. Concorde Five – Cranford Park – Sunday 11th June
6. Sri Chinmoy Midsummer 10k – Battersea Park – Saturday 24th June
7. Gunnersbury Park 10K– Gunnersbury Park – Sunday 23rd July
8. Regents Park Summer 10k – Regents Park – Sunday 6th August
9. Middlesex 10k – Victoria Park – Sunday 3rd September (date TBC)
10. Southern 6/4 Stage Road Relays – Venue TBC – Sunday 24th September
* Athletes that do not get selected for TVH’s National 12/6 stage teams, your best time at a Wormwood Scrubs Parkrun in April will be ranked for your Race 3 score.
The competition runs from February to September. Awards will be given out to the top three scoring Male and Female Athletes. The best 6 from 10 count.
The top 20 TVH athletes in each race will score the following points; 1st = 20, 2nd = 19, 3rd = 18 etc regardless of their race finishing position in the open event. This will be separate for Male and Females.
5 bonus points are awarded for making the top 3 overall of the open event in each category e.g. Senior Men, Senior Women, Vet/Masters(35/40/45/50/55/60) or junior (U17/20) as long as the age categories are recognised as prizes in the open event.
|Best 6 Total||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Charlotte Le Rougetel||24||13||11|
|Manuel da Silva||10||10|
|2016||Christine Munden||Sarah Johnson||Fiona Thompson||Paul Woodgate||Chris Thomas||Richard Hooley|