The summer road race series renewed and revitalised itself in 2016 in memory of a TVH legend and is now known as the Ron Hopcroft Endurance Cup.
10 races have been selected over a range of distances to make up the competition (the best six results count). The races are meant to be evenly-spaced through the summer, fairly easy to access from west London and not too expensive.
2018 Ron Hopcroft Endurance Cup Races
1. Best Spring (March/April) Half-Marathon Time (including official marathon splits)
2.* National 12/6 Stage Road Relays* – Sutton Park – Saturday 14th April
3. Vitality London 10,000 – Green Park – Bank Holiday Monday 28th May
4. Concorde Five – Cranford Park – Sunday 17th June
5. Sri Chinmoy Midsummer 10k – Battersea Park – Saturday 23rd June
6. Regents Park Summer 10k – Regents Park – Sunday 5th August
7. Burnham Beeches Half Marathon – Burnham Beeches – Sunday 12th August
8. Southern 6/4 Stage Road Relays – Crystal Palace – Sunday 23rd September
9. Middlesex 10k – Victoria Park – Sunday 30th September
10.** National 6/4 Stage Road Relays* – Sutton Park – Saturday 6th October
* Athletes that do not get selected for TVH’s National 12/6 stage teams, best times at a Wormwood Scrubs Parkrun in April will be ranked for Race 3 scores.
** Athletes that do not get selected for TVH’s National 6/4 stage teams, best times at a Wormwood Scrubs Parkrun in October will be ranked for Race 10 scores.
The competition runs from February to September. Awards will be given out to the top three scoring Male and Female Athletes. The best 6 from 10 count.
The top 20 TVH athletes in each race will score the following points; 1st = 20, 2nd = 19, 3rd = 18 etc regardless of their race finishing position in the open event. This will be separate for Male and Females.
5 bonus points are awarded for making the top 3 overall of the open event in each category e.g. Senior Men, Senior Women, Vet/Masters(35/40/45/50/55/60) or junior (U17/20) as long as the age categories are recognised as prizes in the open event.
2018 Current Standings
|Best 6 Total||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Lisa da Silva||18||18|
|2017||Kirsty Tew||Tracy Barlow||Heather Timmins||Andrew Mitchell||Paul Woodgate||Richard Hooley|
|2016||Christine Munden||Sarah Johnson||Fiona Thompson||Paul Woodgate||Chris Thomas||Richard Hooley|