- 1951: TVH’s U20 men won the English National Cross Country Championships.
- 1952: M. Denley competed in the Javelin at the Helskinki Olympic Games.
- 1954: After completing national service, Ken Norris finished second in the international (world) cross country championships
- 1956: Ken Norris started the year at Sao Paulo New Year’s Eve race and competed n 10,000m at Melbourne Olympics. He also won the National Cross Country Championships. D. H. Segal also competed at the Melbourne Olympics, in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m.
- 1957 / 58: Ron Hopcroft set the club’s 50 miles and 100 miles records
- 1958: Peter Clark competed in the European Championships over 5000m and the Commonwealth Games over 3 miles.
The heartbeat of athletics